Updated: Apr 19
Now a salad for breakfast? This may a little bit out of your comfort zone when it comes to your usual breakfast, but honestly this tastes so delicious and it's something that i have to share with you because i have it non-stop for the past month, absolutely crazy right?
But these are the reasons why i love this recipe so much....
I have found that my energy has sustained through out the WHOLE day. That's right no slump at 2 or 3pm, i've powered through feeling so motivated to get things done but also my mind is feeling more switched on so when it comes to the complicated hard challenges that come along, i am able to take control and get over that hurdle faster.
I feel more positive and happy. I truely believe that when you first wake up in the morning, your body is deficient of nutrients because it's worked to calm and nourish your body over night, which takes a lot of your nutrients that you had during the day previously. So upon waking up your body screams for nutrients and hydration so naturally the first meal of the day is so important hence why i may feel so vibrant and full of energy after having this breaky bowl. I'm putting in the right kinds of food to feed my body for the whole day!
I am able to switch off from all the external stimuli. Meaning i am able to concentrate on what needs to be done instead of focusing on 10 things at once. Which is essentially what i do because i want to do everything at once. So for me this recipe has helped a lot to focus on the NOW and get the stuff done that's most important for the that day.
So if you want to feel stimulated, energised, healthier, lighter, more positive and a lot happier then please read on because this is an easy, simple and a yummy recipe.
1. 3-4 Button Mushrooms sliced.
2. A handful of spinach
3. A handful of kale leaves (no stems - unless you don't mind the crunchiness of them)
4. 10 Almonds or Walnuts roughly cut up (I prefer almonds, they crunch better!)
5. 1/4 Avocado
6. 1/4 Red Onion
7. Macadamia Feta (If not vegan then normal feta is great!)
8. 1/2 tin of organic Cannellini Beans ( or two eggs if you are not vegan)
Extras: Broccoli & Asparagus (If desired)
Spices & Sauces
1. 2 Tbsp of Zataar or Dukkah
2. Siracha Hot sauce
3. Hummus Dip ( Either this or Siracha hot sauce or both if your keen on it!)
1. Heat up 3 tsps of coconut oil in to a saucepan.
2. Add in the onion and mushrooms and saute until softened
mushrooms have softened. You can then add 1 of the tbsp of Zataar or Dukkah. Mix well.
3. Add in the almonds and washed kale. Stir until kale wilts.
4. Add in the spinach and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Put all of the ingredients from the pan in to a bowl and set aside.
6. In the same or another pan cook either the eggs or beans.
7. Whilst the eggs or beans are cooking you can then mix in the avocado and feta in to the bowl of vegetables. Here you can add the rest of the spices and hot saucee if desired.
8. After the beans or eggs have been cooked place them on top of the bowl of vegetables.
Voila ! Your breaky bowl!
Some days i add in broccoli or asparagus and these i will add in with the mushrooms in the early stages of the recipe.
If you find that you are a real saucy person then add in some home made hummus or store bought as that will make the texture more creamy and unbelievably delish!
Honestly i hope you all enjoy it as much as i do, your mind and body will thank you for it and you will be feeling on top of the world!
Your TCM Doc
Casey x x